9 April 2015

Wishing Well

Hello all,

I'm not sure if you guys are familiar with Asian weddings. But instead of typically receiving gifts, we Asians actually prefer receiving money. Before you jump to conclusions about us being mega cheap tight-arses. That's really not the case. Everyone knows that weddings pretty much cost you an entire house deposit (well, in Australia, yes $20-50k is a house deposit). Not everyone has the amount lying underneath their pillows or some secret compartment.
So, the sole reason we prefer money over gifts is that your share in the money pretty much will assist the newly wedded couple in paying for their special day. The Asians pretty much call this an investment. For example: Your family friend's daughter is getting married. You're invited. You go and pay your share. In return, your son gets married, they will return the favour when you invite them. Its that simple really.

Anyway, the point of this post was that I have finally purchased my wishing well for the wedding!
I was originally planning to get a wishing well that looked like an actual wishing well (above image). But I thought that it was a little too much and given that I will only be using it once, I'd get something a bit smaller but fitting enough for at least 400 envelopes. So, behold!

How adorable is it?! This was the ONLY box available there that wasn't a solid colour. They only sell a solid white, Tiffany blue or pink. I was lucky enough to get my hands on this and for only $40 too. The only issue I have that it's plain, but nothing my dear from Julie can't help with. Will show you guys what the end product will turn out to be.

Just in case you're wondering, I purchased this from Wedding Wish in Dingley. They have an eBay store but because I'm literally five minutes away from the suburb, I went into their store to have a browse myself. Definitely check them out! They have a bunch of wonderful wishing wells on display and the staff are very friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment