4 September 2013

Dancing in September

I just had that Earth, Wind and Fire "Dancing in September" song stuck in my head.
But hello, it's already September! The ninth month of the year and I still haven't done anything amazing but so far in Melbourne the first few days of Spring have been amazingly pleasant weather and I hope Spring continues to be this blissful warm weather!
I also came to a realisation that this year had marked the fifth year anniversary of my dear best friend's passing and lost her battle to cancer. There's not a day where I don't think of her and having five years without your best friend, there's still that empty void in my heart that yearns for her. I miss you so much Sally and please continue to watch over us.
Sashimi and Sushi Platter
The other night we went to eat out at Shira Nui in Glen Waverley to catch up with a few friends. It was fun and the sushi restaurant was really interesting. I think maybe a bit pricey for sushi dishes however the service was fast and grand, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Everything you would expect a good restaurant to be!
We also had another catch up with a group of friends and went to place called Ribs & Burgers in Northcote. The drive up there was long and tedious due to traffic but once we got there, it was quick and easy. We each ordered a rib platter and the food service came out almost instantly and it tasted like amazeballs. The meat literally fell off the bone effortlessly. The marinade and sauces were just perfect, not over powering. Prices were reasonable as well!
Ribs & Burgers
It also seems like work is looking to be a bit quiet this month so I will be having some from free time during the day to rest up and focus on some fanfiction writing and if I'm not too lazy, work out at the gym and pump my non-existent guns.
L: June 29, 2013 | R: September 4, 2013
But I managed to wake up to some more great news this morning as I hopped onto the scale. I haven't been able to work so hard at the gym last week due to cramps but I made sure to watch what I ate and I've dropped another kilo ^^ I am about 3kgs away from hitting the 10kg weight loss mark and the thought really thrills me! Still so much to work on but I feel a bit more of a pang to get cracking and work harder! The above image is my current progress. Not that impressive but I can see a slight difference ^^

Anyways, I'll be off. If anything else interesting happens I'll probably be logging it. I have a busy month of September!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment