26 May 2012

My Seoulful Journey Part II

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay in part two of my travels! But if you check out www.xxshinrai.blogspot.com you will definitely see our day by day trips of Seoul!

I seem to be in a writing mood today to talk more about my trip in Seoul. My apologies for not writing about it sooner so my memory may be a bit distorted LOL I fail at life. Been too obsessed over EXO to even write this =__=" and not to mention my Grandma's passing.

Me and Yunji <3

Anyway, I forgot to mention that I actually had a Korean penpal during my high school years. My pen pal's name is Yunji. Although through high school our connection and contact was a bit distorted, we both would frequently change emails and any form of contact was a little hard since she rarely made an appearance on MSN and due to time differences, we were always on at the wrong times. But thankfully I made a Cyworld account and we managed to keep in contact there. Then came the phenomenon of Facebook, after studying overseas she had an account! So since then we're able to be in contact, not to mention Kakaotalk too!

Yunji Unni is so adorable!
Korean Coal BBQ!

Since knowing Yunji during the early years of high school, I was happy to finally meet her in person! She was the most adorable person ever! Very friendly, always smiling and she spoke English very clearly and tried to make suggestions on where to take us...but we had already travelled to most of the tourist locations upon meeting her LOL so she took us to Korean BBQ and Star Avenue in the Lotte Department Store. It was interesting because Star Avenue was just a little celebrity walkway that consisted of posters of: Kim Hyun Joong, JYJ, Big Bang, 2PM, Song Seung Hoon, Bi Rain and more. Click here for more info!

Me and Nichkhun's hand!

Samantha Thavasa in Lotte Department store

It was freezing to the point where we could not feel our fingers T__T We were really worried we may have gotten frostbitten LOL so we finally retreated inside. The cool thing they had were hand prints of the male idols. Seek the images below!

Make a star wish!

We walked around Lotte Department store before heading back out to Myeongdong. It was funny because Yunji is a native Korea and I happened to be the one that showed her around Myeongdong, I actually knew where to find places haha it was my hood <3 We took some purikura! Haven't done that in a long time! Unfortunately we had to cut that little date short since she had to return home to babysit her baby cousin but we did arrange to meet the following week in Hongdae for some Noraebang ^^

Anne Unni <3
Streets of Hongdae
Hello Kitty Cafe in Hongdae

YunJi met up with Anne, Kimu and I in Hongdae in the afternoon since she had to drop off an assignment and see her uni teachers. While we were starving and waiting we decided to grab a bite at a nearby Japanese restaurant, I don't remember what it was called but it was amazing especially costing about $12 for a meal with a drink. When I return I shall find out for you ^^

Adorably massive doggy in Hongdae!!

YunJi took us to a famous noraebang called Prince Su. It was amazingly beautiful inside and we paid only $10 for an hour for a while room. Seriously, WTF. $10 for four people in a gorgeous princess-like room. Of course we later found out that it was $20 after 6pm, so we were super lucky!!

***

Inside Lotte World

That following week we just went shopping out and about. I'm sorry, it's been like 2 months since the trip so my memory is vague and running off of my iPad spending log LOL. But we went to Lotte World! I honestly didn't know what to expect but what happened was we did not realised that there was an inside section and an outside section. We spent 2 hours roaming the inside section thinking "What the hell? Is this it? The great Lotte World" ...and then we went up some escalators and discovered the outside world where all the bigger and more epic rides were >_> we fail. The lines were crazy long and we didn't want to wait another 2 hours just to get on a ride so we just wandered around and took memorial photos just to say we were there. It's unfortunate that we didn't get to go to Everland. I will make sure to go there next time! I heard that it's better but it is quite a travel to get there :( We got lazy on the way LOL



Anyways, I guess we can conclude my Seoulful Journey Part 2 here. There's still plenty more to rave on about and I'll think about making a Part III ...later in life LOL but seriously my memory is leaving me and if you want to see ALL of my photos from Korea I'll just link you HERE on my Facebook. There's just over 700 photos so go nuts ^^

Since I will be going to Seoul and Japan in Oct~Nov and I have a MacBook Air now, I will definitely be able to blog about my day-to-day adventures more accurately and have a better memory :P

No comments:

Post a Comment